We are an association of Buddhist practitioners with the following beliefs:
- We vow to realize Buddhahood as soon as possible.
- We cultivate in order to help others not to help ourselves.
- One of our major practices is filial piety: to repay the kindness of our parents, teachers and elders.
- We specialize in the Mahayana Pure Land practice, hoping to obtain rebirth to Amitabha Buddha’s Western Bliss Pure Land, this very lifetime if at all possible.
- We simultaneously practice Chan and Pure Land. For example, we utilize the Chan training technique in order to increase our samadhi (concentration) power when we recite the Buddha’s name.
Periodically, we organize special, intensive training sessions such as the Buddha recitation weeks (“Fo Qi 佛七”, literally Buddha seven) or Chan weeks (“Chan Qi 禪七”, literally Chan seven) at our training center in Rosemead, California. For instance, at the end of the calendar year, we have our annual Fo Qi followed by a Chan Qi during the last two weeks of the year. All of our events are open to the public and free of charge.
We also explain Mahayana sutras in English with translation into Chinese, Vietnamese and other languages as necessary. These explanations are then transcribed and published. In that way, we hope to make a small contribution to the understanding of Chan, Pure Land Buddhism and Mahayana in general.
Our web sites will also include the teachings of other worthy and virtuous great masters who are enlightened Mahayana sages. This is a small attempt to segregate the proper teachings from the incorrect ones.
Our cultivation centers around helping others cultivate Mahayana. As such, we emphasize both developing samadhi (concentration) power and unfolding our transcendental wisdom.