I explained that under the current circumstances, it was better to vote for such and such candidates.
However, I also explained that I have not voted for a long time because of the following reasons:
- I no longer participate in or discuss politics. I believe in a clear separation of Church and State and therefore, religious leaders should in no way influence politics.
- People often sarcastically say that it is about voting for the lesser of two evils. Be it as it may, I feel that I should not vote for any evil at all.
- I have a hard time voting for a person who knowingly misleads people no matter how well-intentioned he or she is.
- I will only vote for a virtuous candidate.
- Finally, I prefer not to vote so as to nurture a non-discriminating mind.