Praise to our fundamental teacher Shakyamuni Buddha,
Please kindly clarify the following:
– We create karma with our thoughts, speech and action. Must these become habit energies first before we create karma?
– Suppose that we are on our 100th lifetime. Does it mean that we are subject to the karma created the prior 99 lifetimes? Going backwards, how did it all get started?
– Do we cultivate in order to realize the true self which is un-produced and un-perishing? If our self is unproduced and un-extinguished, what revolves in the Reincarnation Wheel?
I have been pondering about the above issues. Please kindly clarify them for me.
– Giving rise to a thought immediately creates karma.
– Karma has been in existence since beginningless time. You simply do not have enough time this lifetime to examine them all. It is far more productive to spend time to meditate, recite sutras, recite the Buddha’s name etc…
– The (false) self revolves in the Reincarnation Wheel. The True Self is unproduced and therefore is not subject to the Wheel.
Unlike the worldly knowledge which can be self-taught, Buddhism requires a knowledgeable teacher who can help you uncover your inherent wisdom through cultivation.